23.7.08

I Live Upstairs from a Notoriously Penetrating Gay Bar

I live upstairs from a notoriously penetrating gay bar. There are two pool tables in the back of the place and the few times I have been there to have a beer or three the only balls I saw in play on them were hairy/waxed/pleasantly coiffed. I live one block east of a 3-story bathhouse. It boasts a “glory hole maze” with 38 different holes for 38 anonymous cocks to be shoved into, to be received by 38 anonymous mouths or 38 anonymous assholes, or into 38 pairs of well-lubed and anonymous hands.
My curiosity is strong as to what exactly goes on in there, but not strong enough to actually pony up the $5 locker fee and venture into its depths. I am not gay (though like all heterosexual men, I am mildly curious and open to the fact that in the right mood and under the right circumstances and with the right amount of alcohol or drugs, I could be swayed into experimentation) but I live in the city’s bustling gayborhood. It is a small neighborhood, easily referred to as a block in some circles. I am here to hide from interactions and because in this neighborhood I can do whatever it is that I want and not have to worry about raising any eyebrows.
Though I am mentally undressed every time I walk the block, it is tempered with a peculiar anonymity. No one here, no matter how flamboyant or bitchy, could be considered a stool pigeon (note to self: try to make that new slang for someone who likes poop in their sex play) as we all respect secrets, privacy, and understand, to one degree or another, flight from things best left unsaid.
For all of the catcalls and the occasional ass-swats, I know that as far as anyone outside of this area is concerned, I am invisible.
ANd that is exactly what I am looking for.

3 comments:

Uncle Jesse said...

wow, that maze sounds funny! i don't know, though, i'd be worried about getting splinters or something..

Anonymous said...

Huh? Was this in pdx? Because compared to other cities I'm familiar with, there's no "gay area" here. The whole city is one big gay area.

I'm not too happy about the absence of such an area though... gay ghettos are always the coolest places to live and play in.

Pinky Royale said...

Well, they sand the edges of the holes down, Unca, so fret not. No cheap plywood splinters in your gear. And the holes are pretty big. About the size of a CD.
And PDX's gayborhood is downtown on Stark by American Apparel. It runs from there to 10th. It's a small gayborhood and it is being pushed out by high rents. That's why the bathhouse down there closed down. But if you go up Lombard east of Interstate, you can always visit the Eagle. They love Bears there.