11.8.08

They DO sleep!


I just moved into a studio apartment, no more roommates! Another plus is that I don't have the internet anymore so I can actually get things done, like write, make music, or read a book.
The downside of course is that when something pops into my head, a question or whatnot, something i NEED to have the answer to, I can't get it answered immediately, which I suppose, realistically speaking, is a good thing.
Anyhoo, don't ask why but the other night it just popped into my head:
Do hummingbirds sleep?
I mean, they must. And they have nests, and they lay eggs, but I have never seen one sleeping before. It took three days before I could get to this cafe and find out.
They do sleep, and apparently they have some pretty cute nests too.
And, apparently they can get fucked up by insects! DAMN!
Now to find a picture of a baby pigeon, something else I have never seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last spring, I saw a hummingbird the size of a bumblebee. I shit you not. And I wasn't even high. Ok, maybe I was.