2.9.06

Real Quick

Yo la Tengo has a new one coming, their best title yet. I'm Not Afraid of You and I'll Beat Your Ass.
Geek Rage, fuckers.
You know, while I'm here, I have to air my one gripe with recent Yo La Tengo. They made these three glorious albums (well, not so much with Summer Sun, make it two glorious albums) and they are serene, peaceful, they touch nerves that were previously only accessible by narcotics and soft nights alone with a beautiful person, touching lightly, exploding neurons and gentle kisses that vanquish the Wall of Sleep for an eternity. Unfortunately for my tastes, both I Can Hear... and And Then Everything... had to feature some guitar freak-out piece that was like a mouthful of thumbtacks, totally killing the mood.
Luckily we can burn our own versions of albums, rewrite history if you will. Learn from China, they're not as out of line as one would suspect.

2 comments:

J. Herzog said...

I hear that this new one has more guitar freakouts, thus the title.

Have you heard their soundtrack for French director Jean Painleve's (sp?) underwater nature films of the 30s? It's called "The Sounds of the Sounds of Science" and is quite suberb. Got it from their own website for 10 measly bucks.

Pinky Royale said...

I'll have to check it out. I remember reading about it but really, these days, my desire to buy anything from them is on the backburner. I've been spending a lot of time with the Locust, A Silver Mt. Zion, TV on the Radio, and other things.
But someday, when the hipsters think they're cool again, I'll get back into them.