8.5.08

Why I'm a Mess... Sorry, Bucket

So I have this problem. It would seem that I am a big giant sappy pussy. I get lovesick, when I fall for someone I fall hard, when... well, you read this thing. You know all about it. So I came across a CD from my 6th grade year that I was fond of.
My friend Carlos Badial, some obsese Latino kid who had a go-kart, 7 full-blooded wolves in his backyard, an uncle with a Lotus, and an aunt that supposedly worked for whatever company came out with Lazer Tag and was in perpetuity promising to bring us each a get-up so we could play in the yard (never happened). Later on Carlos would sucker punch me in the nose and in return I would hit him in the arm with a bat if only to survive as he had a good 100 pounds and 3 wolves at his back.
Well, Carlos had this tape. I loved it initially for the Force M.D.s/ Fat Boys track "The Force M.D.s Meet the Fat Boys." I was (still am) WAY into the Fat Boys, so this was awesome. However, after seeing this in the store the other day for the first time in decades I had to get it and found another forgotten track that, in my 6th grade mind, was the shit, and it probably explains why I am such a sap. The song is "Tender Love" and it slayed me. Even as a Junior Junior I knew that I had to have someone to cuddle on and kiss a lot.
In fact, since my first days of listening to music, I have ALWAYS loved the slow jams. In 7th grade I had Heart's Heart album and could not stop listening to "What About Love" and "These Dreams." And my Dad had an Eddie Rabbit tape that, though I sang along to "I Love a Rainy Night" every time I heard it, I truly and secretly had a soft spot in my heart for "Step By Step," where Eddie tells you, "First step, ask her out and treat her like a lady. Second step, tell her she's the one you're dreaming of. Third step, take her in your arms and never let her go." Man, that shit sends chills down my spine even now. I am going to buy it on iTUNES right after posting this thing. Even back then I KNEW that he spoke nothing but the truth. Sucks I had to wait until I was 19 to even kiss a girl.
So, thanks to the glory of YouTube, I can share this with the 3 of you. Why I am the way that I am. Pop music ruined me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet video. weird title. doesnt fit the blog.

Uncle Jesse said...

i remember having a 45 of eddie rabbit doing "you don't love me anymore" when i was in grade school. that and leo sayer's "raining in my heart". i was a sappy little kid.