15.5.08

Pandora Blew It!

OK, everyone is on the Pandora tip. I get it, I have used it, sometimes it works for me, other times not so much. The problem is that I am not a "genre" person, so if I type in the Melvins, I am going to get a bunch of metal, but I don't really like metal... I like the Melvins. Same with Clem Snide, Jesu, The Killers, and anything else I type in. The only one I have been able to stomach for more than three songs is my Weakerthans channel, and that is only when I am in the mood for catchy, under the radar power pop.
So, I like Pandora but I won't be constructing a shrine to it anytime soon.
The other day it REALLY dropped the ball when I set up a channel for Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra-La-La Band. The first song I get is... wait for it...wait for it...
Toto.
Yeah, WTF indeed.
For those of you who know the sound of the Zion Orchestra, you know that Toto shares not ONE SINGLE element with the band. Not ONE!
I still can't figure out how in the hell that happened. So I will be sticking my my iTUNES for the time being until genome projects can NOT associate vapid corny 80's synth bands with sprawling, poetic, horizon shattering post-arockalyptic awesomeness that is neck deep in cellos and electrified, stream of consciousness campfire hymns.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you just say "post-arockalyptic?" Dope, dude. Totes dope.

Pinky Royale said...

I did, indeed, my small friend. You can use it this one time for free, but as I invented the term, you will have to pay me $37.24 for any usage after this. Being atrociously brilliant pays well.

J. Herzog said...

Hold the Line, Pinky

Love isn't always on time.

(GODDAMN TOTO FOR BORING THOSE LYRICS INTO MY BRAINPAN)