26.5.08

???


This has to be the most perplexing restaurant name I have ever seen. E-V-E-R. And I have been around, people. I have never sat down to eat here but I have looked through the window after they were closed. I remember that hand-written signs boasted about some awesome potato salad. This place is located out on Powell, in Portland, by the bowling alley that I have been HAMMERED at during Sou's birthday years ago.
I was also there, prior to the b-day and before I moved here, that we had ended up having to restrain a certain Ms. Karen Cornich, who was in FINE form (and 37 sheets to the wind) from tearing a beer banner off of the wall that she took a fancy to. There was also a Napoleon Dynamite-ish fellow there who got a birthday White Russian that had to be made from a pile of those little single serving creamer cups as the bar had no milk on hand. We took his drink away before he finished it as he ended up humping a bowling ball in the bowling lane. If I can recall correctly, the night before he puked up a boot and 3 kittens in a campsite outside of Estacada.
This restaurant is also located next door to an atrocious Chinese restaurant and by the first strip club I ever went to, which was a minor disaster that involved drinks made of lighter fluid, no actual money in any of our pockets and a stripper named Serendipity or Felicity who had a penchant for Moby Grape.
Writing things like this make remember why I love this place.

4 comments:

Uncle Jesse said...

did you see the menu??
i think that's one of those places people go when they just don't care if they're eating dog or not.

Anonymous said...

Beyond awesome. I can't even begin... well, as the sign says, WHATEVER.

Pinky Royale said...

I would agree that they may serve dog, or serve dogs. But if they serve dog, why in the world would they pick huskies and maltese? Completely baffling. Now that I have written this up I may have to jump the bus and go eat there just to figure this out once and for all. Maybe a bacon-wrapped Daschund?

Anonymous said...

Your public requests an RSS feed. Clamors for, in fact. Loudly.

- Clare