22.2.08

I am back, dammit!


Well, here I am, fresh back from Kenya and Uganda. I haven't shaved or cut my hair in about 2 months and more than one person has informed me that I look like a hobo.
Whatever, it's cold as hell here. I am working the winter coat thing. You should see my ass and my toe knuckles. I am serious, in this town you need as much hair as you can get for the 9 months that the temperature refuses to crack 64.
A homeless lady offered me some of her free, closing-time pizza the other night. And the guys at the diner on Mississippi gave me a lot of extra food on my plate the other morning during a wicked hangover breakfast of biscuits and gravy (two full biscuits), one egg (I ordered one, they gave me three), and a giant disk of pan-fried hash browns.
If only I could use this new power on bartenders.
So I return, I am back and through effing around.
Well, I suppose it is more accurate to say that I am ready to start effing around again. If I was truly through effing about then this Blog shit would not be happening.
That said, for better or for worse, here I am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back! glad to see you! now get a haircut

Anonymous said...

See I wasn't the only one who thought you looked like a hobo. A well-refined hobo. One with class. One who dumpster dives behind a haberdashery.

Amanda said...

I say it's for better! The blogging, not the beard. That shit has got to go. I think I see some falafel still stuck in there from last week. And sorry, but I'm not buying the whole hobo schtick. How many bums do you know who rock the D&G frames? Eh?

J. Herzog said...

Welcome back Pinky, both to these shores and the blogosphere.

Oddly enough I seem to be in a blog hiatus. It's hard to justify giving away my deathless opinions for free when I can get a little pittance for 'em (beer money basically).

Yeah, I'm a money grubbing whore.