28.12.06

To my dear readers...




-Uncle Jesse said...
Where are you Pinky? I miss your posts..



-J. Herzog said...
Yeah Pinky, some of us rely on you to give us your unique take on the world at large. Come back to us, we miss you.
I hope you didn't OD on tainted eggnog....


Friends, my two "fans," your calls for action warm my cockles. I have not disappeared nor, J., have I overdosed on taints.

Gross.

No, I am convalescing in San Diego, CA, learning all about this Sun thing again and really enjoying being able to go outdoors without having to bundle up for the arctic air. It's a joy to be able to go to a bar and not have anyone smoking in it.

I have spent the Holidays with a great friend and a fraction of her unnervingly functional family members. Well behaved children, Key Lime martinis, and at some point I agreed to let one of the kids shoot me in the ass with a paint-ball gun (see photo #2, notice the barrel in the right hand side). Luckily his aim sucked and he shot high with a diminished CO2 charge and the thick army jacket his dad loaned me to protect my clothes saved me from a welt. I was a bit disappointed as I really was just doing it to have a bruise worthy of a blog posting. No such luck.

Then there is beer, good times, a lot of music, lazy days of doing nothing and one unexpected near hurricane last night that had me marvelling at the tenacity of the root systems of these ubiquitous palm trees.

Good times, friends. I have had no reason to write anything as I have been without irritation or work woes. This vacation thing could be habit forming.

Don't fret though, loyal readers, Royale will be back soon enough. Until then, I repose and question the wisdom of living in the Pacific Northwest. This old body can't hang.

Stay strong, and thanks for the encouragement.

2 comments:

J. Herzog said...

I don't blame you for not blogging--if I could sit for a while in the (warm) sun I'd have little concern for the online world.

I never though I'd be nostalgic for San Diego, but this winter is freezing my ass off (now currently 36 degrees and dropping).

Wish I could be there under the palm trees as well.

Uncle Jesse said...

i miss the desert already, and i've only been away from it for less than a week. i loved how dry and free of trees it was there. have a nice rest of your vacation!