19.11.08

Shiver and Shake

I've been pretty heavy into the Cure these past few months for whatever reason. As much as I like their jangly, early guitar era, I find myself gravitating towards their later (mid) lush sound with keyboards and sounds and stuff. I asked my Go To Guy what his fave album was and he said "17 Seconds."
I realized then that I need a new "Go To Guy."
My favorite constant album has always been The Head on the Door. In fact, if it weren't for that song "Screw" it could well be a perfect album. How that song got on is something I'll never get. It doesn't fit the mood of the album and would have been better suited as a b-side.
But what do I know?
Anyhoo, here are a few songs I've always loved. One off of The Head on the Door, one from Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, two from Wish ("A Letter to Elise" may be my favorite Cure song ever), and one from their newest album 4:13 Dreamwhich while not a perfect album, it does have some damn good songs on it. Most notably the first track "Underneath the Stars" which I have included for you.
Anyhoo, hope someone likes this. Feel free to mock.

A Jones for the Cure

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this might disappoint you, but my favorite song by the cure is 'just like heaven'. i like their popular songs. dont hate me! i like their sound though. i have their greatest hits.

Uncle Jesse said...

i used to have that first cure album. but i used it as a pizza plate.

Unknown said...

A thing or two about a thing or two: 1.) Head On The Door is a quality record. I prefer 17 Seconds because I'm partial to experimental early Cure. 2.) I'm nobody's "go to guy," and that's probably for the best. 3.) Stop with the graffiti posts. This isn't Beat Street, and good wordsmiths like yourself are wasting your talent.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to start referring to Amir as the GtG Ha ha.